Do you or someone you know suffer from itchy eyes and skin, a runny nose, or sneezing when the seasons change? 🤧
Spring is here and can really put a damper on life when going outside triggers allergies, ear infections, chronic mucous, and colds ... aka immune system struggles.
You can address the problem 3 different ways:
1️⃣ Temporarily COVER-UP the annoying symptoms through medications 💊 or injections that can come with undesirable SIDE EFFECTS like drowsiness, shortness of breath, or soreness where the shot was given … not to mention the FINANCIAL cost 💰 of needing daily pills to function.
2️⃣ LIMIT your EXPOSURE to allergens by staying inside, avoiding yard work, and washing your body and clothes right after being outside.
3️⃣ BALANCE and STRENGTHEN your immune system response through gentle, chiropractic adjustments and natural practices to PREVENT seasonal allergies and colds.
Which method sounds best to you?
- Method #1 (the Band-Aid approach) 🩹
- Method #2 (restrict your life) 😠
- Method #3 (heal from the inside-out) ✨
Did you pick #3? We hope so! (That's what we believe in too!)
Here at Restore, we are all about getting to the ROOT CAUSE of your health concerns WITHOUT the use of medications. So rather than masking allergy symptoms or locking yourself indoors, we're sharing 8 NATURAL ways to strengthen your immune system response so you can finally ENJOY the changing seasons without the sniffles and itching! 🥰
You may have thought seasonal allergies were unavoidable, but we're here to tell you otherwise. Those annoying symptoms are a sign of an inappropriate immune system response within the respiratory tissues in the body.
By taking a proactive approach to boosting your immune system and supporting detox pathways you can prevent discomfort and sickness that may rear it's ugly head this time of year.
1. Chiropractic Adjustments: TRT adjustments make sure the sinus tissue and mucus membranes are working properly so the immune system can fend off threats without an allergic response. Adjustments also reduce the damaging affects of stress, allowing the body to recover faster.
2. Air Purifier with a HEPA Filter: Using a HEPA filter is an amazing way to remove spores and pollen from the air. Ideally, you would have one for the whole house, but short of that, keep one in your bedroom with the doors closed while you sleep.
3. Neti Pot: Using warm salt water in the neti pot allows you to flush your nasal passages, clearing out the sinuses. It also works as a preventative to sinus infections.
4. Quercetin: This is one of the best natural antihistamines. It works by stabilizing the membrane of histamine-releasing cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Click here for more details on dosage.
5. Local Raw Honey: Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties and is a powerful antioxidant, helping to strengthen the immune system. Honey has been shown to help eliminate pollen allergies by taking small doses (about 1 tsp, 2 times/day), similar to how an allergy shot might work. The key is to consume honey from your area, where the pollen you are breathing might affect you.
6. Steam Inhalation: Another great way to drain the sinuses and relax the lungs is through steam. Boil some water in a pot and then drop some food-grade essential oils of eucalyptus, peppermint, and/or myrtle. Put your head over the pot (cautiously so you don’t burn yourself), cover with a towel, and breathe in the goodness.
7. Turmeric: A potent anti-inflammatory root containing curcumin. This helps to bring down any inflammation in the body, including in the lungs and gut which are vital for preventing allergies and other immune-stimulated sensitivities. Try this Turmeric Tea recipe that also incorporates honey and healthy fats to nourish your body and fight inflammation.
8. Dry Skin Brushing: Dry skin brushing helps to improve circulation, stimulates the lymphatic system, and helps to support overall immune system function. Read this article to learn more about dry brushing benefits and how to do it.
Allergies be Gone! Dr. Mckensie's Story of Healing
Dr. Mckensie suffered from seasonal allergies since she was 6 years old. By the time she was in high school she was taking strong allergy medications 6 months out of the year.
❌ She couldn't play soccer, do workouts outside, or enjoy time at the lake without having itchy, watery eyes and a never-ending runny nose.
😊 She noticed a big improvement with her allergies in just a few months of chiropractic care and hasn't had to take allergy medications since! 🙌
"I didn't realize how poor my sleep was or how much energy I could have until I started getting adjusted and saw amazing improvements in both. I found myself managing my emotional stress better and am in a happier, more relaxed mood after getting adjusted."
- Dr. McKensie
This spring 🌷 get to the #rootcause of your allergies rather than mask symptoms or lock yourself indoors. Itchy eyes, congestion, and sneezing DO NOT have to make you miserable anymore. Schedule an appointment to get adjusted and strengthen your immune response so you can get back to doing what you love! 💚